Terms & Conditions
Vinotria.co.za (the “website”) is an internet-based wine retailer and wine information service provided by Vinotria (Pty.) Ltd. These terms and conditions (the “General Terms and Conditions of Use”) govern your use of the Website.
We reserve the right to make changes to the Website, the General Terms and Conditions of Use, and/or the Site Policies, at any time. Revisions will apply from the date of the publication of the revised terms on our Website and shall not have retrospective application.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
By using the Website, users agree:
• not to use in any way any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website;
• not to use in any way any robot, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein;
• not to display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained herein in any way without the express prior written consent of Vinotria.
Legal age and capacity
The age at which wines may be sold and delivered to persons is legislated in each country. In the Republic of South Africa, United Kingdom and the European Union wines may be sold and delivered only to persons who are at least 18 years of age. In the United States of America wines may be sold and delivered only to persons who are at least 21 years of age. By ordering from the Website you affirm that you are at least of the applicable legal age and that the person to whom your wine will be delivered is also of applicable legal age. When the wines are delivered, the person receiving delivery may be required to show identification proving that he or she is of applicable legal age.
Conditions of Sale
• All prices quoted on the Website are in South African Rand (ZAR), and include Value-Added Tax (VAT) of 15%. Prices quoted are per bottle or per case, as indicated.
• Orders can be placed via our website or by email to email@example.com
• Payment is accepted via credit card (Visa, Master Card) or by EFT to our nominated bank account.
• Where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of the payment. Vinotria may reject any order in respect of which the required information is not provided.
• Vinotria reserves the right to cancel orders in whole or in part as circumstances dictate. If goods or services are no longer available after payment has been made, users will be refunded.
• In the case of items or services being mistakenly under-priced, we will not be obliged to provide the item at the stated price provided that we notify you before the item is delivered / before the service commences. If you no longer wish to proceed with the order, a full refund will be issued.
• You must inspect all goods when collecting or on delivery. In the event of incorrect order fulfilment or damage, please contact us within 3 days of collection or delivery. Thereafter, you will not be entitled to a refund.
• Orders may be cancelled within 24 (twenty four) hours of placing the order by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at +27 21 852 3590.
• An order is cancelled once you have notified Vinotria in writing or by telephone and you have received our confirmation of receipt of your cancellation notice.
• If you have already paid for your order and have not yet received an email notifying that your order has already been shipped, you will be refunded in full.
• If you have already paid for your order and have also received an email notifying you that your order has already been shipped, then we reserve the right to charge a deduction rate equal to 10% of the purchase price for administration expenses.
• Vinotria reserves the right to debit your payment card for the delivery fees in respect of any late cancellations, in addition to the administration charge referred to above.