The Website is owned and operated by Bottega Family Wine (Pty) Ltd (Registration Number: 2006 / 106601 / 23), trading as Vinotria, a South African company having its registered offices at Unit 2, Fish Eagle Park, Ou Paardevlei Road, Somerset West, South Africa (“Vinotria”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
This Privacy Notice applies to persons visiting, browsing, registering on and making purchases on the Website (collectively “Users”). Furthermore, it applies to suppliers, contributors to articles on our Websites, wine merchants/vineyards and other suppliers/professionals we may engage.
We shall take reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
We may electronically collect, store and use personal information with your consent. This personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• name and surname;
• age and/ or birthday;
• verification that you are of legal age;
• address and contact details including your
• email address;
• phone number/s;
• country of residence;
• area or postal code;
• personal preferences if provided;
• browsing history;
• purchase history;
• non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
• IP address.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
We require this information for the following reasons:
• to supply you with Products ordered;
• to comply with your request/s in terms of Products ordered and delivery requirements;
• internal record keeping and administration purposes;
• we may use the information to improve our products and services;
• we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. However, you will be given the option to cancel your subscription from any such mailing list.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU BECOME A SUPPLIER
We collect names, contact details, financial and tax information from suppliers and professional service providers so that we can place orders/instruct you and make payment in respect of any goods or services we receive. We do this on the basis of the intention of contracting with you or for the performance of a contract we have with you.
In respect of wine merchants/vineyards of wines we sell on the Website, we may use information relating to your products and in some instances your staff to market our website and your products on our social media sites and the Website. We do this as we have a legitimate interest in marketing your products and our Website for making sales, which is in your benefit as well.
RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it is needed and in compliance with applicable law. We determine retention periods in respect of information we hold based on:
• Legal obligations relating to minimum periods to retain data;
• The purposes for which we process the personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means;
• Whether the information is required for reporting and analysis purposes relating to our operations;
• The amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information;
• The potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the personal information.
Vinotria is based in South Africa, and, regardless of where you use or access our Website, products, or services, your information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in South Africa (or elsewhere in the world). Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with South African privacy laws, regulations and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our Website, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and in South Africa
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. ALTHOUGH WE TAKE STEPS TO VERIFY INFORMATION PRESENTED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT, RECOMMENDATION OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED IN, DISPLAYED ON, LINKED TO OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT OTHER USERS MAY PUBLISH TO THE WEBSITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT OR INFORMATION SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ON THE WEBSITE WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
WHILST WE TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN OUR OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER WE OR VINOTRIA’S ASSOCIATES SHALL BE LIABLE IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR DAMAGES HOWEVER ARISING AND WHATEVER THE CAUSE, IN PARTICULAR PURSUANT TO AND IN FURTHERANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE OR FROM YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE. WE WILL USE REASONABLE ENDEAVOURS TO MAKE THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE TO YOU, AND KEEP THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE TO YOU AT ALL TIMES. HOWEVER, YOU AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY OR ARISING FROM THE UNAVAILABILITY OF, ANY INTERRUPTION IN, YOUR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE (EITHER IN PART OR AS A WHOLE) FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.