In the twenties the Count Alessandro Contini Bonacossi with his wife Vittoria bought the property of Capezzana, then enlarged with the purchase by the Marquis Aman Niccolini, of two neighboring farms, “Il Poggetto” and “Trefiano”. This is how the Tenuta di Capezzana was born, divided into 3 farms and over 120 farms, dedicated to the production of high quality wine and oil.In Carmignano the vine was cultivated already in the pre-Roman era, around 3000 years ago, as demonstrated by the wine vases and the tasting cups found in the Etruscan tombs. In the Florence state archive a parchment dated 804 was found: it is a rental contract documenting how 1200 years ago in Capezzana olive trees and vines were grown for the production of oil and wine.In the early Renaissance, a woman, Monna Nera Bonaccorsi, built the first “house of Lords” and nine farm houses with their vine plants; it was 1475. Other generations and families alternated in the ownership of the estate: the Cantucci, related to the Medici, and the Marquis Bourbon del Monte. In the 18th century a married Cantucci Bourbon enlarged the farm and bought new farms; he also introduced an exemplary administrative method, whose documents are still preserved today in the company’s historical archive.
After the Bourbon del Monte the company passed to the Adimari Morelli and then to the Franchetti Rothschilds and, from the widow Sara de Rothschild, to then arrive at the Contini Bonacossi, our Family, in 1920.