Join the Vinotria team to learn more about Italian cultivars and Italian wine regions. Explore from the top of Piedmonte all the way down to Puglia, in an internship where you will be exposed to the various dimensions of the Vinotria sales and distribution team. Working within Vinotria you will be exposed to two divisions; one which is where our locally grown Italian varietals are cultivated (Idiom), including Sangiovese, Barbera, Nebbiolo and Primitivo, as well as getting directly involved with the various aspects of marketing, logistics and trade management.
During the internship you will be exposed to working on the online site and digital communications for Vinotria. You will engage with club clients in terms of regular communications to build up direct client relationships, and you will work creating communications campaigns for both on-trade and off-trade.
During your internship you will learn about import and stock management, working within the Bottega Family Wine distribution hub You will be exposed to import and sales management protocols, as well as, learn about the various products within the Vinotria range.
You will engage with clients as well as handle trade activations with key restaurants and on-trade clients. Host sommelier functions as well as host tastings at the Idiom Tasting Centre where one would be able to do mini masterclasses on the various regions.
The focus of this role is on the following:
- Sales of Vinotria’s international Prosecco & Italian Fine Wine Portfolio.
- Orchestrate programming at key on & off-premise accounts facilitating brand-building activities designed to maximize consideration, trial and purchase.
- Leverage prestige marketing programs to drive consumer engagement maximizing sales opportunities: particularly growing corporate, private client and Italian restaurant sales.
- Deliver elevated sales performance through a disciplined sales process and dedicated approach within a designated prestige target accounts.
- Uphold clear lines of communication with Vinotria directors to ensure that the business growth is optimised; lead internal communication to ensure that the team remain focused on results and target setting for growth.
- Build successful relationships with iconic and leading customers, at top restaurants and 5 star hospitality venues, to improve brand perception and image driving sales opportunities for our luxury portfolio given the top tier of wines represented.
Interns will need to be bilingual in English and Italian to work in the South African market and have a graduate or post-graduate study completed in wine production or wine sales/management. For more information about this program, which runs for 12 months, please email email@example.com.